June 21 2018
The IRCMS will provide financial support to graduate students with exceptional academic qualifications and strong motivation to perform cutting-edge biomedical researches through the newly established IRCMS Fellowship.
Prospective students are expected to be enrolled in the master's or doctoral degree program at Kumamoto University and to train under the supervision of PIs affiliated with the IRCMS. The Fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis and the selected candidates will be guided through the entrance process of the Graduate School for Medical Sciences of Kumamoto University. Candidates interested in applying for the IRCMS Fellowship should first send their CV with other required documents listed below to ircms[at]jimu.kumamoto-u.ac.jp by June 22, 2018. Short-listed candidates will be invited for skype-based interview in early July. The IRCMS Fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities and the graduate training supported by the Fellowship will be conducted in English.
～ June 22 IRCMS fellowship application period
July 02 ～ July 06 Interview
July 10 Result announcement
July 24 ～ July 31 University entrance application period
Aug 07 University entrance exam
Aug 24 Entrance exam result announcement
November～ Fellowship starts
<Selection criteria >
We will short list candidates for the interview based on the achievements made during master or undergraduate (Such as English score, publication, award, etc.)
<Documents to be submitted by applicants>
2. Undergraduate academic transcript (for master applicants); undergraduate and master academic transcripts (for doctoral applicants);
3. Degree certificate;
4. Official English Test score (TOEFL-PBT/-ITP, TOEIC/TOEIC-IP or IELTS).
5. 1-2 recommendation letters from teachers/mentors.
6. Personal statement (why you are interested in science and what you want to achieve in IRCMS, Kumamoto University);
7. Any additional supporting documents (e.g., awards, publications).
<Duty to the Fellowship recipient>
Each fellowship recipient should have a presentation to show their achievement in the end of the fellowship support.