- Ishii R, Yanagisawa H*, Sada A*: Defining compartmentalized stem cell populations with distinct cell division dynamics in the ocular surface epithelium. Development, 147(24):dev197590, 2020. *corresponding authors.
- Oinam L, Changarathil G, Raja E, Yen Ngo YX, Tateno H*, Sada A*, Yanagisawa H: Glycome profiling by lectin microarray reveals dynamic glycan alterations during epidermal stem cell aging. Aging Cell, 19(8): e13190, 2020. *corresponding authors.
- Kang S, Long K, Wang S, Sada A, Tumbar T: Histone H3 K4/9/27 trimethylation levels affect wound healing and stem cell dynamics in adult skin. Stem Cell Reports 14(1): 34-48, 2020.
- Changarathil G, Ramirez K, Isoda H, Sada A*, Yanagisawa H: Wild-type and SAMP8 mice show age-dependent changes in distinct stem cell compartments of the interfollicular epidermis. PLoS One, 14(5): e0215908, 2019. *corresponding author.
- Oinam L, Changarathil G, Ngo YX, Yanagisawa H, Sada A*: Epidermal stem cell lineages. Advances in Stem Cells and their Niches, Volume 3, 2019. *corresponding author. Invited book chapter.
- Tsunezumi J, Sugiura H, Oinam L, Ali A, Thang BQ, Sada A, Yamashiro Y, Kuro-O M, and Yanagisawa H: Fibulin-7, a heparin binding matricellular protein, promotes renal tubular calcification in mice. Matrix Biol 74: 5-20, 2018
- Sada A, Jain P, Wang S, Leung E, Tumbar T: Slc1a3-CreER as a targeting tool for the K6+ epithelial stem cell niche and its precursors during mouse hair follicle cycle. J Invest Dermatol 137(7): 1569-1571, 2017
- Sada A, Jacob F, Leung E, Wang S, White BS, Shalloway D and Tumbar T: Defining the cellular lineage hierarchy in the interfollicular epidermis of adult skin. Nat Cell Biol 18: 619-631, 2016. Selected for F1000 prime.
- Lee SE, Sada A, Zhang M, McDermitt DJ, Lu SY, Kemphues KJ and Tumbar T: High Runx1 levels promote a reversible, more-differentiated cell state in hair-follicle stem cells during quiescence. Cell Rep 6(3): 499-513, 2014
- Sada A and Tumbar T: New insights into mechanisms of stem cell daughter fate determination in regenerative tissues. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 300: 1-50, 2013. Invited book chapter.
- Sada A, Hasegawa K, Pin PH and Saga Y: NANOS2 acts downstream of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor signaling to suppress differentiation of spermatogonial stem cells. Stem Cells 30(2): 280-291, 2012
- Sada A, Suzuki A, Suzuki H and Saga Y: The RNA-binding protein NANOS2 is required to maintain murine spermatogonial stem cells. Science 325(5946): 1394-1398, 2009