July 19 2022
The "Joint Invited Speaker Seminar Series for Future Medicine" will be co-hosted by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) GSMSE and International Research Center for Medical Sciences (IRCMS). It will run from May 2022 to September 2022, with lecture given by scientists who are affiliated with IRCMS or in collaboration with reseachers at IRCMS. The lectures will be given three times a month, in English, and by leading scientists in the relevant research field.
Date : August 31st (Wed)
Time : 10:00 (JST)
Speaker : Dr. Keji Zhao
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Title : Single-cell and 3D tools for epigenetic studies
The chromatin organization of mammalian genomes plays a critical role in gene expression, cellular differentiation, and pathological conditions. My lab has been interested in developing sequencing-based technique to analyze genome-wide chromatin states and three-dimensional structure. I will first briefly introduce the latest single-cell epigenomic techniques and 3D techniques we developed. Then I'll describe some applications of these techniques to examine the cellular heterogeneity and differentiation potentials of early innate lymphoid like cells. I will also introduce to you some of our latest results in defining mechanisms that control the 3D structure of chromatin.
1. Lai B, Gao W, Cui K, Xie W, Tang Q, Jin W, Hu G, Ni B, Zhao K. Principles of nucleosome organization revealed by single-cell micrococcal nuclease sequencing. Nature. 2018;562(7726):281-285.
2. Jin W, Tang Q, Wan M, Cui K, Zhang Y, Ren G, Ni B, Sklar J, Przytycka TM, Childs R, Levens D, Zhao K. Genome-wide detection of DNase I hypersensitive sites in single cells and FFPE tissue samples. Nature. 2015;528(7580):142-6.
3. Wang Z, Zang C, Cui K, Schones DE, Barski A, Peng W, Zhao K. Genome-wide mapping of HATs and HDACs reveals distinct functions in active and inactive genes. Cell. 2009;138(5):1019-31.
4. Schones DE, Cui K, Cuddapah S, Roh TY, Barski A, Wang Z, Wei G, Zhao K. Dynamic regulation of nucleosome positioning in the human genome. Cell. 2008;132(5):887-98.
5. Barski A, Cuddapah S, Cui K, Roh TY, Schones DE, Wang Z, Wei G, Chepelev I, Zhao K. High-resolution profiling of histone methylations in the human genome. Cell. 2007;129(4):823-37.
This seminar will be held via Zoom.
Please register at the link below if you would like to participate.https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenZyyWw2h4XA4GhJUwaoMbZb95CNstqAFWcWkHiN451rDwMg/viewform?usp=sf_link